Monday, July 20, 2015

My Thailand Adventure - Phuket

Phuket was my least favourite place in Thailand - with its backpacker party types and its commercial like atmosphere, perhaps it was a bit of a come down after the innocent natural beauty of where we had just been. We spent 2 nights there, which was enough for me, we saw Banlga Road, Patong which was not great for me - I detest ping pong shows, if you think about it - these young women and how they are being exploited, you wouldn't want it for your child or anyone, so I just couldn't relax and enjoy it. I didn't choose to put myself through one of those shows. Advice: be careful in Bangla Road and don't get into fights with bouncers (they can be aggressive). be streetwise, be mellow.

My highlight though, was a foot massage (by fish) and an amazing day trip to Hong Island, Krabi..where we kayaked into caves and saw monkeys and breathtaking sights, it has to be done.


No comments :

Post a Comment