Wednesday, June 24, 2015

The Wild Women Festival



I wanted to tell you about the Wild Women Festival I attended last week. It was held on the stormy shores of Soetwater, Kommetjie. It was a whole weekend of heart-soul festivities. I was invited to attend by Quicket, and blog for them, and it was just what my soul needed. There's so much to immerse yourself in, you are welcome to do as you please - whatever takes your interest. There are no pressures.

Here is a list of some of the things I did:  
Art, Movement Medicine, Shakti Yoga, Clay Throwing, Medicine Walk, Drumming, Meditation, Red Tent, and Massage. I have written about these topics before. It is such a personal experience and really about doing whatever is right for you.

What I enjoyed most was connecting with other woman and teachers I had not yet met before. It is a safe and comfortable space with no judgement. You will learn about things relevant to you, and you will remember things that you had forgotten long ago.

I recommend it to woman of all ages.

'As I lay in the grass listening to my soul I was reminded of all the things I needed to hear, and gently let go of the things I did not need anymore.' I listened and learned - many things about myself.

You can get information from their web page here - http://www.womenoftheearthgathering.co.za/
And more about the facilitators here - http://www.womenoftheearthgathering.co.za/#!gallery/c24vq

A journey with self.




No comments :

Post a Comment