Monday, May 3, 2010

Planting my herb garden



This weekend i went to a French themed 4oth birthday party in Franschhoek, in the Cape Winelands. We had dinner at Cafe Bon Bon on Le Petite Dauphine estate, and there were about 80 guests in total. it was so beautiful, the food was amazing and the ambience to die for. You can view the restaurant and farm on the above link. i love Franschhoek in the Autumn, all the vineyards turn rust and in my opinion it's the best time to visit.

On Saturday morning, i cooked breakfast for the guys using ORGANIC mushrooms (6 different varieties!) that Mike bought from the ORGANIC market. i insisted that we go, so we hopped in the car and i got the opportunity to visit the the Stellenbosch FOOD LOVER's MARKET. i love this market, it's more chilled than the Biscuit Mill. we ate delicious wild rocket, parma ham Italian style pizza, decadent waffles and drank Jack Black. we also purchased more wild mushrooms for Mike.

Saturday night was a lazy one (so bushed after the Franschhoek and Stellenbosch mission) that we just caught a movie at the V & A Waterfront. We watched FOOD.INC which was very challenging and informative. The USA meat & poultry industry is so completely screwed. The corruption runs so deep, you have to go and watch it yourself. I was so horrified at where our food comes from, and what is put in it, that I decided to go ORGANIC. I've also decided to start growing my own vegetables as much as possible. I live in a flat but I would like to hire an allotment of land in Woodstock. In the meantime, I went to the nursery on Sunday morning (Starke Ayres, its fabulous) and bought lots of herbs and started a herb garden on my balcony.

Today I am stiff from gardening, can you believe it? It's a good feeling :)

No comments :

Post a Comment