Monday, November 8, 2010

Weekend

 Photo courtesy of Cle Latouf

I had a wonderful weekend filled with women, wine and song, and catching up with myself. Friday was spent at a friend's house in Hout Bay watching her documentation of her travels, to India, Nepal, Thailand and Cambodia. Girls in white dresses going temple hunting. They are amazing and she is truly gifted in capturing visuals and putting music to her creations. Claire you never cease to amaze me with your talents. You are my hero.

Saturday I had breakfast friends at the Olive Station, it is food from Lebanon and big vats of raw honey and music to die for, and endless cups of coffee, go and visit soon. My best friend's 4 year old asked me to accompany him to The Biscuit Mill and so I could hardly refuse such a gentlemanly offer, so off I went. He is quite fashionable. We threw money in the wishing well and wished upon many things.

Saturday night was spend at a friends birthday in Observatory, many Caparinha's down and wonderful cheesey dancing in the livingroom, very liberating. i met a lovely woman who does Xhosa lessons, something for the New Year. Sunday was a 'lay on the couch' sort of day with too many dvd's. And in the afternoon I met with a group of wonderful women and had cake and tea and exchanged stories of where we were in our lives. 4 very special people indeed and I'm glad to call them my friends.

This week I am looking forward to: satsang, (a music meditation) a talk on the Mayan calendar and perhaps I will be performing tomorrow at Obs Cafe. All in all I am feeling very well, and rested and coming out of my shell. Here endeth the 'dark night of the soul'

No comments :

Post a Comment